This is the perfect combination for a little pick-me-up in the afternoon (if your baby is asleep). It’ll calm your nerves, help with headaches and increase circulation. You will be left feeling energized and centered.
Ginger Detox Body Scrub
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- ½ cup of Epsom salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine roughly chopped ginger and ½ cup Epsom salt in a food processor. Pulse a few times until the ginger is ground and combined.
- Remove to a small bowl and add lemon juice.
- Put down a towel and apply scrub before your detox bath
Before you start scrubbing, start filling the bath with hot water. The heat and the ginger will make you sweat! Which is pretty much the goal, because sweating is how the body eliminates toxins. Plus it also helps unclog your pores and relax the muscles.
Detox Bath recipe
- 2 cups Epsom salt
¼ cup grated ginger
- ¼ cup baking soda
- ¼ cup mustard powder
- Run a bath of hot water and add bath detox recipe.
- Submerge body for 30 minutes to an hour.
Tip. You can drink ginger tea before bathing to enhance the detox effect.